Technical Sales Executive / Kidlington / Oxfordshire
Are you an enthusiastic Sales professional who can provide a high quality customer experience while also organising and planning team sales activity? If so, Fortyplus People’s Client, a business with a good reputation for its responsive, consultative sales approach, is looking for you.
Our client is a growing distributor of adhesives and protective materials, and the requisite application and curing equipment, to technology manufacturing companies in the UK and Ireland, including leading edge companies in electronics, medical devices, aerospace and automotive, including F1.
They now require a Technical Sales Executive in a predominantly office-based role, reporting to the Head of Sales. This person will sell their products to existing and potential customers, working as part of a team managing a geographic territory. The role entails both commercial and technical aspects of the sales process.
There will be extensive contact with customers, primarily by telephone and e-mail but will involve some customer meetings both in their facility and on-site visits. You will work as an equal team member with an external Technical Sales Executive to manage a geographically defined sales territory, maximising sales opportunities. You will be qualifying and responding to sales leads, organising quotations, sales information, demonstrations, samples and evaluations, and recording sales processes.
- Maintain and develop regional sales as part of a team
- Meet agreed sales growth and gross profit targets
- Win purchase orders in line with sales strategy from both existing and new customers
- Be a strong, contributing part of our Sales Driven Culture
- Maintain internal sales processes
- Build and enhance relationships between our customers and our company
- Conduct oneself according to our Company Values
The Technical Sales Executive’s responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and grow our business with our existing major accounts
- Management of new sales leads, including qualification, response, recording and follow up with the objective of securing purchase orders; working with teammate to coordinate outcomes
- Report to Head of Sales, and work with her/him to maximise growth
- Assist external Technical Sales Executive in making appointments and meeting the Sales Team targets
- Send quotations, pursuing these to purchase orders
- Liaise with technical colleagues and our Order Fulfillment Team to respond to customer queries
- Use and maintain our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics CRM)
- Meet with customers and prospects who visit our Technology Centre, and occasional site visits
- Maximise the opportunities from our existing customer base
- Prospect for new customers within key target growth areas
- Take part in monthly sales meetings
- Negotiate pricing within predetermined parameters as agreed with the Head of Sales
- Report on competitive activity and recommend actions where necessary
The ideal Technical Sales Executive candidate will have / be
- Experience – a proven track record in a successful business-to-business (B2B) sales environment, preferably to manufacturers
- Technical – must have a science qualification, preferably to ‘A’ Level as a minimum; comprehensive and ongoing product training will be given
- Professional demeanour and attitude, outgoing and friendly
- Organised, focussed, sales driven
- Excellent telephone manner – be comfortable using the telephone as a proactive sales tool
- Good computer skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills – to maintain sound relationships with customers, sales partners and colleagues
- Earn and maintain mutual respect with fellow employees. Take the initiative in keeping others informed on matters of mutual interest
- Whilst a technical background is required, the most important quality is an ability and willingness to learn about and understand our products
- You should have the confidence to use your own initiative, and to seek out opportunities to improve products, processes and services
- Enjoy working as part of a sales-driven team
- Credibility and reliability – make realistic commitments and live up to them. Meet deadlines
- Resourcefulness – comprehend SME conditions and creative use of resources in an entrepreneurial environment. Maintain contacts within and outside the Company to expeditiously solve problems. Actively seek guidance and information from available sources
- Additional Information: Normally based at our Client’s office in Kidlington, Oxfordshire but occasional travel to customers, trade shows and industry functions, or sales partners may be required.
[socialpug tweet tweet=”New job: Technical Sales Executive # Call 01869 241254 #Kidlington #Marketingjobs”]
#TechnicalSalesExecutiveJobs# #Careers #Kidlington
fortyplus is a Bicester based resourcing and recruitment consultancy focused on delivering the best people for our clients. We achieve this by listening, personalising and delivering. We listen to our customers then personalise our approach to match the role, company culture and corporate values. To our clients we deliver exceptional people; to our candidates, we deliver opportunities that help them achieve their professional and personal goals.
We are passionate about age diversity and believe that a mixed-age workforce is a successful resourcing strategy for every business.