Shipping Administrator / Bicester / Oxfordshire
Are you an experienced Shipping Administrator or someone who has good all-round Admin skills and would like to develop a new skill set? If so, FortyPlus People’s client could have job for you!
Our client is a small but long-standing Freight Forwarding company who are looking for a full-time Shipping Administrator to join their team.
They are happy to fully train the right candidate who has good all-round administration/computer skills, a can-do attitude and is willing to learn. Alternatively, they are also happy to consider candidates that have previous experience in shipping or logistics.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that would like to progress and learn but as part of a small team you must be happy to help in all areas as required. This will, on occasion, include packing up boxes for delivery and very occasionally if a driver is off even making a delivery in the company van.
Our client believes in investing in their staff and for the right person, there is the opportunity to learn a new trade and even be put through training to gain qualifications.
The Shipping Administrator’s responsibilities will include:
* Processing and expediting import shipments from the Far East, The USA and Europe through to final delivery. Checking and processing Shipping Documents and setting up “Shipments” on the company’s in-house system.
* Processing documents for payment to facilitate timely Customs Clearance of shipments.
* Liaising with factories, suppliers and freight forwarders to ensure on-time delivery of goods.
* Processing, arranging delivery and invoicing Customer Specific shipments.
* Checking Goods Received Notes before booking delivered goods into stock.
* Carrying out accurate maintenance and filing of all required records in line with company procedures.
* Taking calls from customers with queries regarding deliveries and collections.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5:30 pm, however, candidates must be happy to offer flexibility with these times on occasion if required.
The ideal Shipping Administator candidate will have / be:
- Previous experience within a similar role, although this is not essential
- A team player
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills
- Willing to learn and have a flexible, can-do attitude
fortyplus is a Bicester based resourcing and recruitment consultancy focused on delivering the best people for our clients. We achieve this by listening, personalising and delivering. We listen to our customers then personalise our approach to match the role, company culture and corporate values. To our clients we deliver exceptional people; to our candidates, we deliver opportunities that help them achieve their professional and personal goals.
We are passionate about age diversity and believe that a mixed-age workforce is a successful resourcing strategy for every business.