Gastro Chef / Bicester / Oxfordshire
Are you an experienced Gastro Chef looking for a new challenge and to earn a competitive salary? FortyPlus People’s client is a small, friendly, village location Public House under new management who want to find a talented Chef like you. This is a full-time position of around 48 hours a week, including weekends and evenings.
You will be required to oversee the day-to-day activities in the kitchen as well having a big input into the menu and overseeing stock, ordering and audits.
Along with a competitive salary, this position also offers all-inclusive live-in accommodation.
The Gastro Chef’s responsibilities will include:
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform waiting staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise cooks and assist them as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
The ideal Gastro Chef candidate will have / be
- Knowledge of running a small kitchen and of working safely under all legislation
- Able to deliver a reliable, efficient service
- Ability to work under pressure and use your own initiative
- Positive with can-do attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to prepare, cook and present all dishes
- Exxcellent personal standards regarding timekeeping, attendance and personal presentation
- Ability to conduct food safety audits in line with company policy
fortyplus is a Bicester based resourcing and recruitment consultancy focused on delivering the best people for our clients. We achieve this by listening, personalising and delivering. We listen to our customers then personalise our approach to match the role, company culture and corporate values. To our clients we deliver exceptional people; to our candidates, we deliver opportunities that help them achieve their professional and personal goals.
We are passionate about age diversity and believe that a mixed-age workforce is a successful resourcing strategy for every business.